Bldg : 1050, Phone: DSN 782-5469 or Comm 063-470-5469
Hours of Operation
Sunday-Saturday 0930-2030, U.S. Holidays: 1000-1700, RoK Holidays: 1200-1700
* Library Annex: Bldg 1027(inside Falcon CAC), 24 Hour / 7 Days open
In addition to general non-fiction and fiction collections, the library has also curated a few special collections just for USAF Airmen at Kunsan AB:
Chief of Staff Reading List
The CSAF Professional Reading Program was implemented in 1996 to develop a common frame of reference among all Air Force members — officers, enlisted, and civilians — to help each of us become better, more effective advocates of air and space power. This reading list is updated each year by the current USAF Chief of Staff. Kunsan AB is proud to make these titles available in various formats to its airmen.
Click here to access the current Chief of Staff Reading List.
For easy access and location, all books pertaining to the Korean peninsula are located in the Reading Room at the east side of the building. They include books on Korean language, arts and culture, Korean history, the Korean War, guidebooks and issues in North Korea.
CLEP/Dantes Study Guides
Studying for an upcoming CLEP or Dantes Subject exam? The library has many study guides from various publishers that you can check out and study from.
Professional staffs are well versed in many specialized library services, only a few of which are highlighted below. Please feel free to request help at the Circulation Desk. The librarian is also on duty 0900-1700 if you have further reference questions or readers’ advisory needs.
- High-speed Internet terminals with CAC readers, scanners, color and b&w printing. Wi-Fi is also available for use with personal devices.
- FAX and copies (nominal fee for personal use; no charge for official use).
- VoIP rooms outfitted with microphones and web cameras can be used for chat sessions with family and friends. You may also record a storytime and message session for friends or family ask for a recordable DVD at the Circulation Desk.
- Interested in foreign languages? The library has several learning kits on the shelves, as well as access to Mango Language—a web-based interactive program you can access from anywhere at any time.
- Playaway is the all-in-one audiobook and ready to play wherever you are, with no need for a separate player. It’s simple to use, regardless of technical aptitude, highly portable and great for multi-tasking, and has unsurpassed audio quality.
- Access to an extensive collection of electronic databases: research articles for your college courses; find eBooks and audiobooks online; look up DIY auto repair manuals; take online courses. (Databases are also available at the AF Portal: Resources > Libraries > Databases and Online Resources.)
- If you are looking for a specific book in print and it is not available at Kunsan, you may consider using the Interlibrary Loan Program—we will send out your request to our network of libraries around the world. Visit or call the library to complete a request (Please note that requests may take up to 6 to 8 weeks).
The Library Annex, located in the Falcon Community Activities Center, is open 24 hours a day, seven days per week (excluding exercises), and is outfitted with 4 internet-enabled computers and free Wi-Fi. In addition to providing CAC enabled computer access, the Library Annex also provides a limited ‘Free Library’ of paperback titles and back issues of popular magazines that are available to be taken without any need to return.