In August 2016, Air Force Chief of Staff (CSAF) General David Goldfien, released his letter to Airmen titled, “The Beating Heart of the Air force…Squadrons!”
In turn, AFSVA was asked to establish an activity rich program that would equip empowered Squadron/Unit commanders with options to facilitate unit cohesion.
Unite provides Commanders with funding to initiate programs that will benefit all Airmen in their unit. This includes assigned Active Duty and APF/NAF Civilians.
Family members are welcome to participate, but must pay any associated fees.
Host your UNITE event in five easy steps!
1. Complete the POC Appointment Letter Squadron Commanders will appoint a squadron Unite POC, in writing, to the FSS Unite lead coordinator.
Once complete, email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Event Proposal
Meet with your installation C3 to discuss your objectives, event ideas, and to complete the “Event Proposal Form”. Event approval may take up to 30days.
3. Collect Participant Names and DOD ID#’s
DOD numbers are required to track fund-ing and attendance. They will also be used by the RAND Corporation to evaluate the program’s success through a 90 second survey that will be emailed to participants after the event.
4. Have Fun at Your Event!
5. Submit After Action Information
The installation C3 won’t be attending your Unite events so we are relying on you to provide detailed after action information to improve the program.
Funding Allocations CY19/FY20
$5/person NAF – For food and beverage expenses
$17.50/Person APF- For equipment rentals, program supplies, decorations, and entertainment.
• Funds can’t be used to augment holiday parties on or off the installation.
• Meals must be used in conjunction with a Unite Event
• One beverage limit per meal.
• Funds can’t be used for alcohol or prizes.
• Unite funds can’t be combined with unit enhancement or SM&W funds.
• Private org funds may be used to supplement funding.
Contact Lt. Janson Lackman, Kunsan AB Community Cohesion Coordinator (C3), to learn more!